Hi Ghostgum,Ray and Bob,

I really enjoyed all your nice words on this song. And also the wise words how to improve what I do (Ray).
Below I react on your comments.

Originally Posted By: Ghostgum
Great song, Hans. Excellent use of the BIAB style complementary "strings." Engaging lyrics and strong vocal performance made for a worthwhile listening experience. Well done.

Ghostgum, thans again for your comment. I have to correct one thing; the strings weren't from BiaB, only the fiddle. The strings are from Native instruments, Symphony essentials. So I played it on my keyboard.

Originally Posted By: rayc
Hans,
on the to do side the backing vocals could be a tighten fit with the lead vocal...they are close but the timing differences are a little distracting for me. Nice build in the song and a good arrangement to support that.
Another strong vocal performance. I look forward to hearing your voice with only the slightest touch of processing as it seems/sounds ready to have the "training wheels" removed.

Ray, you are right for the bg-vocals in the last part of the song. There it was more difficult to sing tight with the lead singer. He is always improvising when he sings. Never tight to the script. Terrible guy!
And what nice picture I got from your plea to get rid of the 'training wheels'! I think I never had them in real life. But today I did an update on 'But the children play', a song I made in 2018. Terrible, that amount of reverb I used then! There is also a version with Joanne Cooper. She understood what you said. But take a listen to my version, if you want. Maybe you can tell me I got rid of the wheels there!

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Hans,
This is my favorite from you so far... An outstanding piece of music.
The lyric, arrangement and your vocal completely shine...
Loved it!

Bob

Bob, that is great news for me! I also think it is one of my good songs. But I had a mixing course and probably it help me a bit more. I still need to satisfy Ray, but you are already in. I hope I can keep it that way!

And I wish you all a very nice thursday (and more),
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130