Hi Floyd, Bob, Nigel, Janice and Bud,

Thanks for your very nice comments! I asked f.i. Floyd and Janice and Bud what they do not to become (too) vain.
I think they ignored this, but with your nice comments I can ask myself the same question (a bit). Luckily I can put things in perspective if it is concerning me ;-)

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Hans,
This is some wonderful music! SO much to like about it.
Excellent write. Terrific melody.

The instrumentation AND the arrangement are your best yet (in my opinion). Nice use of the piano. And good job on getting the guitar solos sounding great. Great rhythm to the tracks, too. Drums are snappy! Nice use of drops and stops.
Vocals are really good. Great energy!! On my speaker system they could use some of the highs AND some of the lows rolled off (the low end and the bass seem to run into each other at times). But, still, an excellent vocal track.
I was really interested to hear how VocAlign worked for you - but the harmonies were a bit too low in volume to get a sense of how well the plugin worked...

I REALLY like this one! One of your best. You notch up your own bar with each release...
fj

Floyd, I'm very happy with your comment. From the time you told me to do some eq-ing on my vocals till now I got more and more compliments. And that from an expert... About VocAlign I'm not really sure I keep using it. The program is easy to use, but still I have the feeling something's not right with the tracks after aligning. Listen to my first chorus and you hear as if there is an echo in the BG vocals.

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Hans,
This is a great, great song. Love the passion in your vocal and the mix is perfect.
A new favorite... so excellent!
Bob

Bob, I'm glad you like it. I am especially glad you said the mix is perfect. I think I still have to learn a lot about proper mixing. But I did a course on it and that is paying off already. Thanks for your confirmation to that!

Originally Posted By: NigelSpiers
Hi Hans,
This song is a winner in all respects.
I particularly liked the song structure and the cool rhythm.
I thought the vocals also suited the song very well.

Best Regards
Nigel

Nigel, I surely hope it will be a winner. I still have some doubts about that...
But what I liked a lot in making the song was that chord progression at the beginning of each chorus. While that was so simple to create.
At first the song had a much lower tempo, but because I had a slow song recently I thougt to give gas on the tempo. Of course that needed another kind of singing, but it turne out very well, as you said!

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
"I embrace today and tomorrow
Not yesterday
I live in the present, you see
The past doesn't bother me"

Great sentiment!
So many good things here:

- vocals are excellent
- great band - the solo is very nice
- the arrangement makes you want to go right back for another listen
- the mix glues it all together for a great soundstage

Janice said it reminded her of Mad Dogs and Englishmen!
Enjoyed it,
J&B

Janice and Bud, you picked out the key topic of the song. For a lot of years I heard ( an increasing number of) people saying they live in the now (or today) and don't care about the or our past. For me you can't do that. It comes back to you and it's not how we must live our lives. But I discovered it is better to keep your mouth shut on this. So I did... not. But I realise in 4 minutes you can't discuss in a song why not. So I did... just that.
But thank you so much for your comment on the technical side of making this song.

And Janice, I loved Joe Cocker and his version of Beatle songs. But tell me, first you compared me with John Lennon, then George Harrison, and now with a mad dog. Why??? What went wrong between us? (Notice: I'm kidding)

I heard the Delta version of Corona is growing, so stay safe everyone,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130