Hi Ember, Stefan, Ezekiel and Leon,

Thanks a lot for your nice comments on this song. I appreciated them!
I am experimenting on different kind of songs and singing ánd mixing processes. In that, I still have a lot to learn.
But that is why we have this forum, isn't it? You keep me sharp amd I hope I will do it to your songs as well, if necessary.
I reply to all of you individually down here after your quote:

Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
I think that this is a song that everyone can definitely relate to, as I think we can all empathize with feelings things we don't want to. I think this song had the right amount of energy for this style too! Great job. Thanks for sharing.

Ember, what you say is right. I only hope people can pour some more holistic 'sauce' over their views or opinions. But I know this discussion is 'thin ice' ;-)
On the other hand I'm glad you liked the song too!

Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Hi Hans,
that's a goodie for sure.
It rolls from the first to the last bar, great backing tracks, well-sung, lots of energy in your voice. Some unexpected chord progressions in the transitions).
Good lyrics, I really can relate to them.
Very well-done, Hans, very well-done!

Take care,
Stefan

Stefan, thanks for your comments about the song and progressions. They really worked out better than I expected.
And about the lyrics, I had (a bit) our email conversation in mind about in- or excluding the past in our way of live.
So, in a way you helped me make this song. Thanks for that!

Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
I like the overall sound and feel of this song. It moves with a lot of energy.
Vocal sounds great! Mix is spot on.

Ezekiel, I'm happy you liked the energy and the song. I thought the song doesn't do anything for you, considering your own style of music. But it seems I was wrong!

Originally Posted By: Leon1
Really like the groove, Hans. Great dynamics, excellent mix. One of your best vocals. Nice work.
Regards,
Leon

Leon, that groove wasn't in in the first version. It was a slow song in where I was musing on the topic I sang about.
But I wasn't satisfied at all, merely because I had made a slow song before this one. So I took a part of the classic chord progression, put in some minors and pulled up the tempo and sang the song again. I felt the energy while singing was like a river. so the final version of the song was born. And you liked it!! That I like.

Thanks everyone and have a nice weekend,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130