Hi Barry! Rharv is giving you some good information here. I took a look at your MIDI data as well as the patch map for your keyboard.

No doubt Program #4 is the El piano so that seem to be OK. I'm not sure using GM banks that I could flush out the difference between an El piano and a Grand. Sometimes when looking at this type of info, I use a completely different instrument. For example, try using a guitar instead of similar instruments. Then the difference is more obvious between what you hear and what is recorded.

It almost seems like what is being recorded (the El piano) and what is being played back (the El piano) are one in the same, meaning that you are recording MIDI info as well as playing it back. In other words, the audio is not being recorded. A routing problem like Rharv said.

You can approach this in two ways. Either record the MIDI coming from the keyboard or record the audio from the keyboard. Each way requires you to set up the routing differently. Because I don't generally convert my songs to <P# audios, I just record straight MIDI and let RB or PT play back the recorded MIDI.

In that regards, how do you have the MIDI cables setup in your system? Do you have the MIDI out from the keyboard going into the MIDI in of your interface. Is the MIDI out of the interface going to the MIDI in of the interface?

On the track in PT that is being recorded, do you see MIDI data or audio wave forms? Looking at your Event list data, it looks like you are recording only MIDI data. But let's get that working right first begore we jump into audio recording.

Jeff

Win11, Intel i7 7700K 4.2Ghz, 32Gb RAM, 2x1Tb HD, 500Gb NVMe, BIAB/RB 2024, MOTU 828MK3 audio, MOTU Midi Express, Yamaha Montage 7, DX7II, TX802, Motif XS Rack, Roland Fantom XR Rack, Oberheim Matrix 1000, VoiceLive3 Extreme, Kontakt 6, SampleTank 4.3