Barry, I took a look at your files. Strange! Everything seems to be in order. I ran it through both RealBand and MS Media player and it plays correctly as an organ. It would seem that the info coming back to your keyboard is not being received or is being received incorrectly.

Earlier in the thread, Rharv mentioned using the correct PAT file for your keyboard. You are using this right?

Rharv mentioned deleting the StaffCntrl lines using the Event List. I've seen these entries too and have just left them alone on my system. Then again, I use only Yamaha hard synths and they might not respond to that. I think it has to do with which staff the notes appear to be from ( bass or treble cleff)...I just ignore them.

The crux of this seems to be the info returning to your keyboard. Somehow your keyboard is only seeing a call for a piano patch coming back and not the organ. This would tell me that PT is not communicating with your keyboard correctly. In other words, when you select organ from the patch select in your PAT file that infomation is not being sent from PT to your keyboard. As a result, the keyboard stays in the default piano (program #1).

Are you sure that you've loaded the patch map for your keyboard into PT? GO to EDIT, then MIDI, then CONVERT PATCH LIST FROM BAND IN A BOX OR CAKEWALK and load the patchlist Rharv mentioned. Then restart PT. The right click the track you want to work with. Select PATCH SELECT DIALOGUE and then at the top of the PATCH LIST box use the pulldown to select your keyboard.

Just some wild suggestions here in your keyboard setup:

1. Your keyboard is sending on all channels, is it receiving on all channels?
2. Is "local" turned off?
3. Is there an "omni" setting somewhere in the setup?
4. Take a look at the midi drivers again in PT, what do you have as the "input driver" and what do you have as the "output driver"?

Let us know....we'll get there!

Jeff

Win11, Intel i7 7700K 4.2Ghz, 32Gb RAM, 2x1Tb HD, 500Gb NVMe, BIAB/RB 2024, MOTU 828MK3 audio, MOTU Midi Express, Yamaha Montage 7, DX7II, TX802, Motif XS Rack, Roland Fantom XR Rack, Oberheim Matrix 1000, VoiceLive3 Extreme, Kontakt 6, SampleTank 4.3