Originally Posted By: ROG
The problem with having this number of RTs is compounded by the descriptions - nothing wrong with them in themselves, but it's hard to accurately convey a performance in three or four words.

My thought is this. Just to check, I just went through the path of Generate => Real Tracks and put in rock guitar. I don't know how many tracks came up, but it was maybe 12 names, many of whom are not relevant in 2021. One guy I never heard of has to be listed like 100 times. Do we need 100 options for THAT guy playing guitar, or would we benefit more from 20 options by each of 5 guys?

I liken it to this. The band I am in could really use to replace 2 of the players with better players. However, the power brokers of the band are SO lazy that they would rather ride it out with these 2 guys who can't play than have to go through the trouble of recruiting and auditioning to find better. It is hard to find better "things" when you don't bother to look for them.

There is a long list of musicians who had zero income in 2020. Like major touring dudes. And now they are scrambling for anything they can find to try and recover. Brian Culbertson took to streaming (His stream is GREAT, BTW) and creating a membership based "Hang Club" that gives different levels of access to him. This is a guy with 20 albums and normally a busy touring schedule. He has turned to heavily promoting his merch, selling paintings he does (that all look the same), t-shirts, caps... Now if a guy at THAT level is so hungry to recover a loss of many dollars in 2020, it is extremely likely that the studio dudes who were unemployed for that year are too. Did anybody approach any of them, or is it just like the band saying "It's easier to just ride with what we have though if we worked at it we could find better"?

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.