interesting thread.
for me actually , i think mario has shown me the way ie useing third party budget orch libs with pg's rb/biab.
(ive posted my 2022 wishes in the wish lists....and saying daily prayers my wishes come true...lol)
so i'm thinking bout updateing not as often as i might have once, and useing the extra money for orch libs. //sample libs.
because my budget is limited due to other family obligations.
BUT THERE ARE OTHER ISSUES BOUT THE MUSIC INDUSTRY I OFTEN PONDER AS FOLLOWS...
many of us song creators spend lots of money on various products like biab that help us create songs, and for many of us like myself its an outlet for ones creative juices and a hobby.
(moi..)
BUT WHAT ABOUT THE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY WANT TO MAKE A PROPER CAREER AND EARN SERIOUS MONEY so they can raise a family etc etc ......which brings me to the following points...and questions.
** imho the music industry is "broken" in many respects. there dont seem to be defined career pathways , like there are in some industries anymore.
**how do the next generation of aspiring songwriters actually make a decent living and raise a family ?
will they be willing to invest in software like biab if they are makeing 5 buks a month off of streaming for example ?
**do the normal masses of music consumers actually visit unknown musicians web sites ?.
from what ive seen only a few people do. thus its sorta like creating a great "party"....but what if nonone comes to the party ? you could have the most brilliant beef medallions (songs) at your party, but what if nobody comes to your party (web site.) ?

i have a feeling that there are millions of songs sitting on web sites that might not be visited/accessed without marketing aggressively. ie millions of songs nobody knows about.
with tens of thousands new songs added every month.
so is it enough if one wants to make a living just to set up a music site showcaseing ones talents on the net ? will anyone visit your site ?
**where do the thousands of commercial radio stations fit in ? and why is it often very difficult for new aspiring artists to get exposure on such ?
in the "old days" a demo tape or a 45 mintly pressed would find its way to commercial radio thus provideing a jumping off platform for a brand new artist in getting recognised. but this is a different era.
be curious on peoples thoughts re the above topics.
best
OM

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 07/23/21 05:26 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)