Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Originally Posted By: 90 dB
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
This is perhaps off topic but then maybe …

I find the DI option extremely helpful on many rhythm and solo guitar RTs. Once rendered DI I can then apply one of Logic’s many amps; mics and cabinets for a much different sound than the original RT. And when using DI it is easier comping different RTs as you get the same tone, etc. on your track. FWIW.

Bud

While that is true, it still doesn't address the problem of overplaying. Everything is played way over the top, as a "solo". No finesse.

Regards,

Bob

Another old guy FWIW smile

Bob,

When I was using a lot of RT guitar solos I used to create a separate SGU with only repeats of the solo chords and then regen and render the solo RT (set on simple and DI). When brought into the DAW I would have as many as a dozen options for the the solo. Frequently but not always I managed to find a mellow one either standalone or by comping. But as we all know some insist on playing virtually the same thing even with repeated regens. Heck, sometimes I'd alter the chords in the solo just to get something more like I was looking for. Regardless no disagreements -- just musing over how I tried to work through it.

Bud

Simple and DI don't cut it for what I'm talking about man. It's still just a simple, DI'd OVERPLAYED lick. I'm talking about Red Shea, Terry Clements, Steve Goodman accompaniment licks. Finesse...sweetness.

Regards,

Bob