I am beginning to have a very DejaVue moment. I now remember working quite a bit with loops - likely some two decades ago. Tangmo helped me recall. His experience sounds frightenly similar to my own. I remember working with Fruity Loops. It was a lot of fun and in early days of recording it was pretty flashy. But I never really made any music with it.

As I am finding now loops and loop based music is not the workflow I have honed my recording skills and will not help me achieve my music objectives. Trying to relearn this is not what I should be doing. For me it is a step backwards. Furthermore, I am more than convinced that the content of BIAB, with all its strengths and limitations, is not what is restricting my music making. It is not even on the top 10 list.

So just to close this loop (pun intended), for me and mine, the conclusion regarding Loops is it is not for us. grin

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper