SONG TITLE : "MY GRANDAD"....
***WARNING .... DUE TO SO MANY DIFFERENT PLAYBACK SYSTEMS.....KEEP YOUR LEVELS DOWN TILL YOU GET COMFORTABLE WITH THE SONG***

https://soundcloud.com/user-302791555/grandadcalfl2016

ARTIST : moi..ALF-L..(a lad from london (c) 2016)
(i like to sing in lots of different vocal "styles". this is one of them...please use good earbuds. apologies if the listener hates the song.)

DETAILS :
1. this is a song very very dear to my heart. and, in fact when i was creating the song/recording i was very very emotional and tearfull often as i miss my grandparents so very much...who were wonderfull kind people that lived in london uk.
if you listen closely to the vocs youll notice in some places my vocs cracked a bit. so..instead of going for perfect vocs i decided to keep the honest emotion in the song.
(biab/rb/reaper was used in the creation of the song.)
i still can only play the song occasionally cos i get so emotional as it reminds me of so many good times when i was a kid.
2. the song is about how , when i was a little kid...my grandad would take me to see West Ham United football team play in their old Boleyn ground in east london uk. and i would get comics too.
then...after the match we would take home a present for my grannie.
in summary, for me its a song that brings back wonderfull memories.
3. please tell me what you think of the outtro fade.
it was an attempt to create a nostalgic sound picture by the vocal stacked repeats. right at the end of the song i say..."ITS A GOAL GRANDAD". i used to get so excited when my team scored...lol.
i'll leave the song up on soundcloud for a few days and see if there is any interest.
feel free to critique...i'm a big boy.
4. the hammers just finished one of their best seasons ever in the premier league.
the team has a fascinating history.
(just google/wikipaedia etc.)
best
oldmuso (a lad from london.)

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 07/31/21 02:29 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)