Can we back up a few steps here and address my initial question?

Is there a button on Real Band that will take that compiled drum track that Real Band generated and split every part onto its own track? Let's just address that one question for right now. Check these pics out.

Here's the track screen. I click track 1 and then ctl A to select the data on the track.

From there the logical choice is MIDI and then SPLIT MIDI DRUMS.

Which gives me this result.

And then this after I okay the error message.

That is the main question I am asking. Is there a way to disassemble the Real Band generated drums so each of the components is on its own track. That will allow me to replace the kick, or the snare, or whatever. I have the VST I want to use for the replacement sounds and I know how to assign voices to tracks. The problem is that the drums are compiled and I have tried a lot of things to separate the drums onto individual tracks. This HAS to be possible.

You said that one of those things you showed will "follow" the Real Band song and play drums. I don't understand how that VST knows the drum feel I want to play.

I guess at the root is whether or not what RB generates are truly MIDI drums or not.

Last edited by eddie1261; 08/01/21 03:06 AM.

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."