Hi everybody,

these are hard tiimes - Maha has returned from the hospital a couple of weeeks ago, and she is worse off than ever before. She is convinced that she will never be able to mix or act in one of our videos again. I’m not that pessimistic, but it’s not easy to stay optimistic.

At the moment it’s taking care 24/7 and I have neither the time nor, to be honest,am I in the mood to serve the forum.

I have quite a lot of unpublished material in store, but I do not know if or when I will post it here, because I think it woudn’t be fair to post stuff without caring about what you post here.

Before I 'leave' you for at least a while, I’m going to post a love song that I wrote for Maha before the pandemic struck us.

Like usual I made a video afterwards, but this one has become not just a normal music video, but a very, very long one with Maha playing three different roles and appeearing in almost every scene.

It (rsp. the post-production) consumed an awfully lot of time (+/- 2 yrs.), because I couldn't stop packing it with hundreds of funny little bits - the credits alone took me several months.

If you, at all, give it a glimpse, the video will possibly take most of your attraction, but maybe you find a few seconds to listen to it, too - I think the horns arrangement is not bad.

Although he will probably not even remember: Bud was so kind as to explained to me how to use adjectives like swany or flashy - thanks a lot, Bud.

So here it is, a comparably short song with a looooong video:

AL I NEED IS YOU (song with lyrics)

ALL I NEED IS YOU (video with lyrics)

Musical data

Key / BPM: D / 130 BPM
Vocals: Me
The Band:
Dow Tomlin (b, BIAB / RT579)
Jason Roller (g, BIAB / R405)
Audley Freed (g, BIAB / RT500)
Sol Philox (g, BIAB / RT1719)
Guitar Solo: Me
MIDI:
Drums: arr. & progr. by me. -> MTPowerDrums
Horns (tb, ts, tp): arr. & progr. by me -> Big Fish Vintage Horns

As usual Maha polished the thing up - I definitely dig her live sound mixes endlessly and, man, do I hope that she will return to her PC soon. Or at least at all.

She finsihed the song already 2 years ago, so I’m not really sure which apps and plug-ins she used. But I do know that she did the mix in RealBand using some Waves plug-ins and mastered the whole thing in Ozoone 8.

Thanks a lot for taking the time (oh yes...)

Take care and stay safe, y'all,

Stefan