Floyd Jane...

I am beginning to regard your songwriting/performing legacy on the User's Forum not as a series of (very fine) productions released over a period of time, but rather a continuous, stream-of-musical-consciousness that flows out of the root of your being and then branches out into these songs that, in my opinion, simply reveal the many rooms that exist in your heart. Kind-of-like a tree that grows different kinds of fruits -- apples, then oranges, then grapes, then peaches -- each with their own taste and texture, but all of them sweet.

You sing about love, but then you describe scenes that vividly flesh-out the tone and the feeling of the kind of love you're crooning about: "...you dance in the kitchen, I move in for the lead." What a beautiful line, a moment in time captured and freeze-framed for the benefit of future generations. Unforgettable, man.

The music sounds inevitable, as though the notes were the only ones the lyrics would accept. Your singing is passionate not for what you express that is explicit in the lyrics, but for what you leave for us to imagine.

It is a sublime pleasure to witness your ever-developing artistry as a songwriter.

Last edited by bluage; 08/19/21 04:59 PM.

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".