Originally Posted By: sixchannel
Well here's the thing - I have an older PC that works great on Win10 but I'm thinking that it won't run Win11. Thus my last BIAB will probably be in 2025 when microshaft does just that and stops support of 10.
Question for computer guys - if I DL Win11 and it won't work nicely like in Simon's video, can I backtrack to my Win10??
Bests
Ian

Don't worry too much - we'll probably continue to support Windows 10 for quite a while. I mean, we supported Windows XP up to 2020 and still support back to Vista...

It's theoretically possible to "Uninstall" Windows 11, provided you install Win11 as an "upgrade" - however, on the computer I was testing BIAB with Win11 on I was not able to get the upgrade to work at all - I ended up having to format the drive (and still had some difficulty after that), so if you have to go the route I went you'd better have a backup!

Easiest way to do it - remove your current hard drive, buy another hard drive/SSD (they're practically pennies now), and install Win11 on that. If you need to go back to 10, just swap the drives.

Originally Posted By: etcjoe
Well the current news is Microsoft is easing the restrictions on what will run Windows 11, with the release starting on October 5th and rolled out in waves such as they did with 10. So not all the computers on the planet crash at once if something bad happens.
See above about cloning etc. I would do a little research about how to preserve a WIN 10 installation so you can go back. I would imagine it is possible. May have to be a new clean install, all depends on how you approach it and prepare for it. Just don't forget all the stuff you have installed and have everything ready for re-install etc. as required.

I get the hate for Microsoft with the shaft comment, but this release will be free as well so not too shafty.

Yeah, I admit there's not much we can complain about for a free upgrade.

I work here