Hi Le Miz,
Benny Anderson was a big Beach boys fan and I think Bjorn liked The Carpenters.
They had some awful stuff too before they had the great stuff even they admit that.
The two girls were true pros as they sung any old rubbish the boys threw at them until the songs got up to scratch.
Not sure I have a favorite ABBA song but I think Dancing Queen and The Winner Takes it All are recognized master pieces by almost everyone.
The difference between the girls in Fleetwood Mac and ABBA is that in ABBA they were a real team and sang the same lyrics together all the time.I suppose thats partly to do with the Fleetwood Mac girls singing their own songs whereas the boys from Abba dis all the writing .
Frida's pronounciation on the new song could have been better if I have a critism.
If you look at her English on Fernando its flawless.
I think you have to judge a song on the merits of the song rather than the bands costums,following size and political views etc .If you judge ABBA on their songs alone they come out at the very top with only the Beatles having more top songs than them.The songs may even have more longevity than the Fab Four and definitely the girls vocally were stronger.
Benny and Byorn of course wrote "One Night In Bangkok" people forget outside of ABBA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgc_LRjlbTU

Hugh
p.s that was a great performance in Australia "why did it have to be me."

Last edited by Hugh2; 09/03/21 11:25 PM.