Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Ok.. while your idea is simpler, here is the issue. Lets assume you got, 70 bars, if you add bars, or make any chord changes at any place, BIAB will most likely create a new generation on playback for unfrozen tracks. Adding a chord on bar 70, might change anything anywhere (what is not frozen).

Please let me ask you this, so I understand this better. In your proposal, how will regenerated selected bars (your way), will stay intact if they are not frozen? In my archaic understanding of BIAB algorithm, while your proposal makes sense from user end, it would be a 2 step behind the scenes actions. Regenerate + Freeze (exclude from next regeneration) of those sections...

Also, how will you know what you regenerated and what you did not, especially if you do bar to bar at random sections? In my opinion indications would be needed. We had that discussion not too long ago. Found pics from it. Or you proposing doing partial regens "by ear"?

So, first, I like your ideas; I just think PGM won't be able to implement them completely and correctly. But, as for my suggestion, you're overthinking it. smile All I want and need is a simple 1) select bars and 2) regenerate just those bars feature. It is completely unrelated to frozen status. It would work just like it does now. If a track is frozen don't regenerate even if bars are selected. If the track is not frozen then regenerate any bars that are selected. Really simple but powerful. Most of the time I have a solo that does something goofy over 4 or 8 bars and I just want to correct it quickly. This basic regenerate bars feature would address that need 95% of the time.