Thank you all for listening and commenting! I'm still pretty new to music production, and I use comments and critiques as both encouragement to keep working at it and as a stepping stone toward improvement.

Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
Sounds like cross between "Ghost Riders In the Sky" & " Gilligan's Island Theme Song"

Stands to reason. Those two songs are part of the soundtrack of my childhood, and I've always maintained that what goes in through the ears eventually comes out through the voice and fingers.

Originally Posted By: rayc
The bass does kick things along well with the drums but it weirds me out a little being over on the side.

Interesting, I don't think I mucked about with the L-R controls at all, which would mean the song's style puts the bass toward the side. I'll have to go look now that you mentioed it. My preference would definitely be to have the bass, drums and vocals on the center channel, and the other instruments to the ssidez.

Originally Posted By: rayc
The vocals sound a little separate from the backing - probably because of the Audacity reverb.

Yeah. I didn't think to add the reverb after I combined the tracks. I'll have to play with reverb/compression as I experiment with DAWs.

Thanks again!

Creede Lambard
Computer Nerd, Bon Vivant and Filker at Large
MacBook Pro/Monterey, BIAB 2022 UltraPAK
Logic Pro X, Audacity, lots of tools & toys
and a banjo named Tuneslayer