I have a Presonus 192 on the backup machine. I have a Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 on the new i9. I just never have replaced the Pro Fire 2626. I really want at least four 1/4" inputs and at least two Xlr inputs.

When I get a new interface it will have at least those requirements whatever it cost. I can say the routing on the old Pro Fire was always baffling to me. Both the 192 and the Audio 6 routing are pretty straightforward.

I am also using Studio One 5 Pro. That is one reason I was looking at the PreSonus Quantum 2626 26x26 Thunderbolt 3 Audio Interface M1 Chip Compatible, 26x26-8 Mic Pres at $650.

I was also looking at the Focusrite Clarett+ 8Pre USB-C Audio Interface. It is at the top of the budget range at $1000.

The Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd Gen USB Audio Interface at $550 is the least expensive and has 8 xlr/1/4" inputs.

All three have enough inputs. I am only using a SM57 on a guitar amp or a ribbon mic on an acoustic guitar. With the pandemic, no one is coming over any longer to play live. I don't see that changing anytime soon here in Miami.

Which is best? Thunderbolt? USB-C? USB-2? Does it really matter?

Will any or all of the above run on Windows 11?

Billy

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo