Hey Charlie,

yeah, "Chordsheet" would be more precise for what I mean. I thought of a leadsheet, but only of its chords-part :-)
Unfortunately I can't edit my initial posts anymore, otherwise I would correct it above, now.

But besides that, I don't understand what you are suggesting. I want BiaB to generate the Chordsheets, not doing it by myself. That's the core function of the suggested tool.

What I do at the moment, just since I have no better choice yet: I type in the chords from Hal Leonard's "E-Z Play Today" Books, so that I have complete songs with simple chords that work. But typing this stuff in from external ressources by myself is a totally dumb time-absorber.

In particular since BiaB indeed can already do something like that - in general, at least:
That feature is included in the melody maker (who knows why it's hidden there), BUT: the user (if he finds it, at all) cannot get only basic triads out of it or exclude minors or determine the chord density and such.

So from this point of view, I just kind of suggest a beginner-version of that already existing tool.

I also could have suggested to enrich the existing tool by the above requested options, but I just have the impression that the existing tools-structure is completely messy and - right because of that - totally maxed out. So I didn't want to even enhance the existing mess of the UI or the software complexity of that existing tool. Furthermore I tried to embedd my tool suggestion into an approach that, in the opposite direction, even would make it possible to demerge all song components' creation processes (in this case: the creation of the chordsheet and the creation of the melody) as far as possible, in the long run / in potential later stages / if demanded.

BiaB Pro 2022; Windows 10
Bass: Intermediate; Piano: Beginner
I came to this forum in order to suggest feature improvements for non-professional musicians like myself that use BiaB mainly as a playalong tool and as a learning tool