I enjoy using the Sforzando that came with BiaB, but ironically I seldom use it with BiaB. Instead I use it mostly in Cakewalk. Its nylon string guitar patch is one of the best I've found, although it does require a fair amount of EQ finagling before it sounds right. It has decent jazz guitar and rock organ patches as well.

But before I get to any of that, I have to set up Sforzando to work with the DAW. First thing I do, cuz I've learned from past experiences, is I set the volume to max dB because once it's configured, wherever the volume is set, that's where it's gonna stay.

Which is the reason for this post. How in hotdaggity blazes do I get Sfz to let go of the volume knob so I can put it where I want? Cuz sometimes, even though I'll max out the knob, it'll set it differently. Just now, it decided to set the volume to -8dB after I'd set it to 0dB. Very annoying. Now I gotta delete the synth and reinstall it, hoping for a better next time.

I've looked through the settings and what have you and I can't find anything in there that would let me reconfigure the volume. And it's not just volume, either -- it's all three of those knobs, volume, balance, and (effects) send. Once they're set, that's it.

Suggestions?