Now that it's 64bit there are many things that can be done to modern it up, BUT I don't know how enthusiastic they are to improve it, or is it just what it is and that's it, take it or leave it ?

When you save it seems to have to write all the wav files again, if it just imported the wav files into an associated folder to the project file and used non destructive editing.
This will make moving, cutting, copying, fading, crossfading, volume etc.. a breeze.

They had destructive editing from back in the 90's when you had to process the wav offline because there was not enough processing power to process in realtime.

When I vertical scroll the tracks there is a delay and it keeps scrolling after you have stopped the mouse wheel, should be nice smooth and responsive. As I scroll this webpage it's smooth and responsive.

So do you think it's something that's worth improving or just make do with it as it is ???

Maybe have the windows floatable outside of the main window like you can with Biab rather than staying in the confines of the main RB window:

And with non destructive editing, if you copy or cut a section it won't create a new wav file to build the size of the SEQ up, it will just reference the original wav file start and end points in the wav, this way the section I cut can be resized out to the same size if need be by dragging the ends. If I copy the track 100 times the SEQ file folder will still be the same size there won't be any extra files created.

If you want new users to come to RB then I think this is a good idea to modernize it. These are things that put me off using it rather than another DAW.
The Instant Gen/Play that I talk about in the BiabVST Plugin can also be done in RealBand especially !!
RealBand will tell bbw2 hey I need these chords for this RT,
it will randomly choose the chord sections from the RT files,
but rather than then generating those sections to RAM then rendering them to more wavs it just tells RB what section to playback direct from the source RT files. The RT files don't need to be copied to the SEQ folder as they are a permanent location reference.

Sure, it would need a re-write to compete with modern DAWs, but what needs to be done to RB that will make you use it more ???