I WISH I COULD SAY

I Wish I Could Say
Hybrid Style:
Key C, Tempo: 97 bpm
Bass: ~2474:Bass, Acoustic, Held Ev 085
Drums: RealDrums=RockHardLA^7-a:Snare, Bellride , b:Snare, Crash Ride

This started as poem was inspired by the lyrics of “It’s Been A While By Stained” and “Wishlist” by Pearl Jam. When I got the copyright notice for the poem, I decided to write some music for it as just an acoustic guitar piece. I ended up recording it on electric with a light chorus. Over a year later, I got BIAB and decided to add some drums and bass.

I recorded guitar and vocals myself before getting BIAB, used the AutoChord analyzer and then loaded up my WAV file into BAIB and played with the styles until I found something that I liked. I think the drums have a Bad Company feel. That wasn't at all the direction that I was going when I wrote the song, or what I had when it was just guitar/vocals. BIAB made it a different song, and I think a better one.

I recorded and mixed with a combination of Reaper and Audacity. Reaper has better effects and EQ, but it is a real pain to use. The interface for Audacity is so much easier. I don’ understand why the interface for “real” production software has to be so counterintuitive.

I'm a songwriter/guitarist, and sometimes vocalist. I write in many different genres. I use BIAB to help with writing, arranging, and recording songs and as a learning tool.

https://soundcloud.com/jason-wampler-970063483