Pipeline.
as you know i highly respect your efforts and great ideas....and fully support them.
but as i was a coder/programmer in a past life....
i was thinking like a pg developer might.
eg do you have any ideas how a developer might protect
a user from him/herself who decides to set up a project studio but decides, to save money, to use auntie bessies old hand me down pc thats a poc. that runs at 1ghz, with a junk slow hard drive...and then at the same time as all the clocking is occurring tween daw and plug in etc loads up a sample lib...and BINGO the whole thing crashes down around the users ears..cos the pc isnt up to the task.

so then the new naive user comes on the forum and blames pg. OR even worse disses biab on social media.
for example ive seen on various user forums on the net/social media in the past people dissing a certain daw or music software, whereas the real reason was their lack of knowledge and/or a poc pc.

frankly its a conundrum // catch 22 for pg imho.only thing i can think of is , assuming all these lovely features we all want are put into bb by pg, that on first
load of bb by a new user...a message comes up telling
the user 'your pc is not up to snuff'.

be curious any ideas you have. how do the developers
protect users with junk pc's from themselves.
i would love to see all these lovely features...
but how do we tell naive new users..hey buddy ideally you
need to use a processor with a min rateing on cpu benchmark of 10000 and nvme or m.2 ssd's. and lots of ram etc etc.

much respect. please sir can i have more bars view in bb
also lol.

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 10/27/21 03:26 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)