Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Noel,

This sounds great mate!

That whistle is a a good choice.

Nice to hear from you again.

Hi David,

It's always a pleasure to see that you've jumped into one of my threads. Thanks for the visit. I appreciate the feedback, too.

All the best,
Noel

======

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Very cool backtrack. I can see how it put you in the mood for such a lovely vocal and lyric. Well done Noel

Hi Scott,

It's great to see you. Yeah, most of the backing track came first with this one. In this regard, the process of creating this song was more like "top line writing". I know that floyd has mentioned this process a few times. For those who may read this and not have heard about top line writing...

...it's a process where song producers create a complete backing track. This is then sent to writer(s) who create words and music to sit on top of the production. This process is very common in today's pop industry.

Sorry to get side tracked! Thanks again for dropping in.

Hope good things come your way,
Noel

======

Originally Posted By: musician17
This is SO beautiful!!! A summer song, for us all to relax to and forget our worries! Beautifully sung, too. It reminds me a little of "Bein' Green" (or "It's Not Easy Being Green"). It fills me with joy, just like that song fills me with joy. Bravo!!! we could all do with more songs like this, to lift our spirits - thank you!!!

(P.S. LOVE the syncopation around "Everest")

Hi James,

Thanks a tonne for passing through the thread. I sincerely appreciate it.

I don't know what to say after reading your wonderful comments! I'll take them, though smile Also, I apologise for not getting back to you swiftly. Life pulled me out of the mainstream for a while. I'm back now, though, and will be in touch soon!

Thanks again for taking time to listen and to comment.

All the very best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024