As I watch royalty battles go on seemingly non-stop, it made me wonder. If I were to get this tattooed on my arm, who would have to pay royalties to Picasso's estate? Me who now owns and displays it or the tattoo artist who "painted" it?

And THIS is how frivolous and stupid these nonsense intellectual property lawsuits has become. Spirit suing Zep for the chord progression in Stairway when Spirit stole them from Pachelbel? (Oops. One of MY songs uses it too! As did Walk Away Renee...) Phil Collins suing for use of "his" snare drum?? Where did HE get it? If it was generated by a synthesizer, should the maker of the synthesizer sue Collins? You can take that argument back to Benjamin Franklin who allegedly created electricity. Or even further, for those who believe in god, to god for allegedly creating the world.

I remember thinking I came up with a really cool chord progression for a retro disco beat kind of thing. Follow the top note as it moves down.

C major with C on top
C major 7
C dominant 7
F major with A on top
F minor
C major with G on top
D major with F# on top

So the top note walks down from C to B to Bb to A to Ab to G to F#

Play those chords once.

And while you play them, sing

"I can't stop this feeling deep inside of me. Girl you just don't realize what you do to me..."

Yup. Without even realizing it, I copied BJ Thomas' chord progression from Hooked on a Feeling, written by Mark James. (Who also wrote Always On My Mind and Sunday Sunrise. Did you know Always On My Mind was originally an Elvis b-side?)

Stealing stuff is SO easy to do without realizing it.

But back to that tattoo....

Last edited by eddie1261; 11/06/21 07:32 AM.

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."