Leaving the pandemic aside for the moment, I would like to know why it seems like very few people want to talk on the phone. And even less, seem to be comfortable meeting in person.

Short cryptic texting seems to be the preferred method of communication...well...if you can really call that communication.

About thirty people have responded to an ad I placed on Craigslist. I have had two phone conversations as a result of that. One of those people was a "professional musician" and the other was a young lady of about thirty. Neither one has actually followed through with what that said they wanted to do.

I indicated that although I am not some rich guy, money was not an issue so they could just name their own price for their services. I could agree or not based on what I thought the value to me would be.

I also indicated that I would try my best to promote their interest in music.

There were a couple of homeless guys who responded. I guess no matter how down and out you are in America you have a cell phone.

The people I meet on forums also appear to also be very reluctant to talk on the phone and even less to meet over Zoom or Skype. Obviously, this is not true in all cases but it seems to be the norm. Apparently many people are only comfortable hiding behind avatars and frequently say things I don't think they would ever say face to face. Where did they get the idea that because there is little recourse for what they say they have no responsibility for their actions?

This has become a communication world of more or less meaningless "one-liners", cryptic meanless conversation for the most part.

What the hell is up with that and how did we get to this point?

Billy

Last edited by Planobilly; 11/08/21 04:08 AM.

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo