Dear Mr. Scott,

I have spent a good amount of time working in England at a time when every broken-down motorway in the country was under construction...lol

There have been cultural changes in the UK that most of us over fifty are not particularly enamored of. Even with the changes, it seems to me to be a bit more civilized than the United States. Being a Redneck farm kid from Texas everyone thinks I am Merle Haggard when I sing country in a bar in London. Pretty funny stuff.

There was a good bit of humor in your post that made me laugh. You know...lol

Speaking of humor, as I was walking by the tellly, I assume that is how you spell a British idiomatic expression, this was said.

"I am now going back to the dating pool and I am sure there is pee in it.

I have a really difficult time spelling in any dialect of English. I just tell everyone I am dyslectic. That is better than saying I am too dumb to learn how to spell.

I blame it on the French, which is a large part of the English language. Nonphonetic craziness.

How do you spell Mo in French? Mot? If the T is silent why use it? Meaux, really? Even the French don't get mad at me making fun of the illogic of their language.

At least when I ride my recumbent trike on the sidewalks around here most everyone is pretty friendly. I always address them first in Spanish. This is northern Cuba where I live.

The other day I met someone while riding and I said hello. He said no Spanish, OK, English? No, French,No, I speak Arabic but that did not work. Well, I can say hello in several other languages but I was a little mystified by his accent. He finally got across to me he was from a very remote part of Russia with a dialect that was pretty much incomprehensible to me.

Not much direct spoken conversation but we both knew how to talk with our hands. Fun stuff.

I have in mind to place another ad in Los Angles for a vocalist. I live in Miami but people in California think cocaine will make up for the three-hour time differences. So they are pretty talkative.

Thanks for your post, it was pretty funny and informative.

And for some of you, I apologize for the verbosity of my post. I just don't know how to do monosyllabic writing.

TTLY,AMOF,ATB,

Cheers, M8

Last edited by Planobilly; 11/08/21 08:33 AM.

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo