Originally Posted By: Garth Bird
I generally use all PG products from my Core i5 fast laptop with 8gb ram and 256 gb SSD very well using Windows 10.
Replaced my aging desktop PC for a Raspberry Pi400 for general internet and word processing.
Obtained from Microsoft latest Windows 11 for ARM64 as a beta test. Installed on the Pi with no issues and ran PTW, BIAB and RealBand quite happily (though BIAB Real tracks are slower loading than on the Core i5 machine. These are running off an attached USB hard drive. I suspect the file loading will be significantly faster from an SSD.

BTW Yamaha USB Midi driver would not install in Windows 11 but the better (includes audio) USB driver from Steinberg installed and connected my Yamaha piano.

Raspberry Pi modules are very cheap and very small which portends a great future for mobile stage musician use.

Have Fun!!

Garth from Perth Aus

Very interesting news there Garth, thanks for sharing with us! I don't believe we've tried running BIAB from a Raspberry Pi yet - it's something I might have to play with.

Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
Aussie Garth.
g'day...re the fab PI4.
are you pulling my chain mate...lol.
you got this nerdy geek all excited.
is win running in some sort of emulation mode or natively on pi4.

Windows for ARM now has an x86 emulator in it, much like macOS on the M1 (which is ARM too). This was intended for the newer Microsoft Surface tablets, some of which use ARM chips, and I didn't expect it would also fall onto Raspberry... It'll definitely take a performance hit, but from the sounds of it things are working at least!

I work here