I'll Feed It A Mem'ry

This is a song I originally wrote in 1978. I was playing in a country band in Germany at the time. Other than the BIAB backing tracks, it's pretty much the same as it was back then. We played it almost every night for quite a few years.

It's pretty straight forward country of the time. I posted this on SoundCloud just before I had to leave this forum several months ago. I didn't get a chance to post it here until now. Unfortunately, i can't find the list of tracks and the style at the moment. If I find them, I'll come back on insert them. There's no doubt it's BIAB!

Thanks in advance. Any comments or suggestions are welcomed. I realize that vocals are the weakest point of my musical talents. But that comes in handy if there's someone I really want to annoy!

I'll post the lyric in just a while ... maybe an hour from now. I need to go tend to Di's last dose of meds for the day and then get her tucked into bed.

Alan

I'll Feed It A Mem'ry
(c) 1978 Alan D. David, BMI

(v1)
Sometimes in the middle of the night when I'm almost fast asleep
My arms reach out to hold you then my eyes begin to weep
My arms can't find you and they don't know what to do
My heart begins to break and there's only one thing to do

CHORUS
I'll feed it a mem'ry, a mem'ry of you
Green eyes and raven hair, a love that was always true
Then I'll ask it to forgive me for being a fool
Then I'll feed it a mem'ry, a mem'ry of you

(v2)
Only a simple fool would have done you the way that I did
Now I'm lying here without you all alone in this big double bed
What I'd give if I hadn't lied, or hadn't been untrue
When my heart begins to ache, there's only one thing to do

CHORUS
I'll feed it a mem'ry, a mem'ry of you
Green eyes and raven hair, a love that was always true
Then I'll ask it to forgive me for being a fool
Then I'll feed it a mem'ry, a mem'ry of you

Tag
A mem'ry of you

Last edited by Al-David; 11/21/21 06:16 PM.

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops