As bad as the physical maladies give us grief, add to that the mental component of being prone to panic attacks when being in a crowd. If my band ever played a bar (We won't do that. We cost too much for a bar.) where we'd be on the floor and the crowd is right there in our faces, I wouldn't make it through the whole show. About 30 minutes of that and I would be in full blown panic attack mode and have to get out of there. We play on stages where the crowd is some number feet below the stage and since I set up back by the drums they are also 15 feet from me. I was never one to socialize during breaks anyway, and if there are personal friends at a show I will have security let them come backstage to chat with them, but to mingle with the crowd, that's not me. So there is a mental aspect of health and playing as I got older.

Great example. I would have LOVED to see Brian Culbertson last Saturday. They played at the same place I played one week earlier. THAT night, I was on the stage. Last weekend I would have been on the crowd of as many as 2500, and I would have paid a lot of money for a seat and had to leave after a half hour or so. PTSD sucks out loud.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.