Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
ive always used reaper and realband for editing.
now with coming of 2022 biab i anticipate i'll also
use biab editor more.

Realband for editing?? "Biab editor"??? I'm confused...

Originally Posted By: Uncle Paul

I have bought iZotopes RX9 Audio Editor, and that may be worth checking out.

That's funny 'cause I actually already have RX! I just haven't installed it yet as it was part of the "Holiday Bundle" which I purchased about two weeks ago; need to migrate my system first onto a bigger SSD and plan to install all the Bundle's software (and it really is a lot!) in one go then.

I thought RX is a specialized program for restauration jobs, which is great, of course - but I can do all the "basic" stuff with it, as well??

Originally Posted By: Uncle Paul

Being a Studio One user myself, I share your feeling that nothing else is needed.

No-no, that's not what I said; I said - or at least meant - I'm not sure about it. wink And considering the benefit of probably quicker results when it's about simple tasks like less space in the beginning or volume balance and things like that I think I actually might need an editor (again).

Originally Posted By: TheMaartian

Sounds good! But I don't think I need these things you listed since I owe all that great iZotope stuff from the Holiday Bundle (as mentioned above). But maybe the standard version...? That one is only 59€, right?
But maybe I don't need that either... I guess I just have to check out RX which I already owe anyway! grin