Originally Posted By: Peter K. Hewer
Can I create MULTPLE blank (?) song (SGU) file with plugins installed with different names for the ability to choose which plugins I want on the song or am I limited to only 1 song file?

I think multiple template songs are a good way to go, particularly if, for example, you have a "standard" band line-up or similar.

A template song really can be any .SGU you want.

My setup is that I have all my/our regular songs in directories A, B, C, etc. under my name under bb/Songs. Also under Songs, I have music from other band members that we don't presently play, I have "WIP" (work in progress) and "MyTemplates".

I often take a copy of an existing song that I propose to develop into something else, so I'd copy, say, Songs/Gordon/C/Carrioca.SGU to Songs/WIP/MyNewSong.SGU and start work from that.

As I'm in the middle of changing from practice/accompaniment to songwriting, I personally have done only some of this ... I'm think one may have to do File->Save Special->Save Song with Patches and Harmony to save VSTs. Someone more experienced with that than me will hopefully elaborate or correct me if I'm mistaken.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.