Subject…side benefit of bb utility traks.
(and maybe save an expensive pc upgrade)

Let me explain.

In the past before the added bb traks i typically would do lots of traks in a multitrak software like reaper or realband…thus taking up lots of disc space if loads of audio traks.

But NOW with the added bb utility traks i find myself staying longer in bb, and getting the mix right in bb , and then creating a stereo mix from bb once all is the way i want it, and importing the stereo master into reaper or realband (both which have their own unique features) …
Et voila…add a few traks…my vocals in reaps and/or rb…and other bits n bobs on traks….and thus the song is done. This way ive saved an expensive new pc which ive been contemplating…PLUS i find i’m saving disc space.

Of course it depends on the users work approach…but i find the added utility traks have made me rethink my workflow.

I always try to keep things in perspective and keep on reminding myself that we are spoilt today,
compared when the beatles/martin produced world hits on only a few traks...
eg 3 if i remember.

As an example in reaps or rb, given this new workflow ive prolly reduced the trak count from sometimes 40 traks to under 10.
Just an idea.

Best
om

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)