Hello Folks,
This is a song I started a couple of days ago.
I've lined up a cellist to play the intro, solo & outro but that'll be a coupe of weeks away.
I've lined up a good guitarist to provide better chord voicings.
This mix has BIAB cello, Piano, violin and drums.
I played guitar (through an ACTONE amp in a box pedal), bass, (through a Behringer BDI21), used eBow on one guitar part in the verses and I triple tracked my croak.
I anticipate replacing the guitars at the very least.

WE draft V2

I've paid attention to suggestions and comments and have applied all I could in this updated mix. It may not remain as it is but it's an application of suggestions, more vocal, punch in the rhythm section, new guitars with different tonality, an arpeggio (such as it is - two notes of the truncated chords in the verse more audible in V2 & V3)and some EQing to give each instrument more of its own space in the stereo image AND I removed the steady strumming guitar.

WE forum camel committee mix

WE forum camel committee mix
The song was written in BIAB and I tracked my parts while playing along to the tracks I'd pulled into Reaper from it.
The CHORD CHART in the DAW plugin is, for me, the best part of the plugin.
I don't have to spend days learning a song when I can simply play along to the bouncing ball - so to speak.
The chart, screen shot & saved, is also a boon for collaboration. There may be a way of saving it as an image that's native to BIAb but I've not discovered that yet.

It began as an exercise writing in a different key...I then decided to work way out of my realm with a sappy/sad song.
Lyrics
When you say we
You don' t mean me
You talk of someone new
And there's nothing I can do.

People stop and ask me
If I'm doing well
But I now dodge their questions
There's nothing I can tell

When you say we
It's not how it should be
Because things have changed
And won't be re-arranged

People stop and ask me
About you and yours
I can't face their questions
I prefer to stay indoors

When you say we
My mind is all at sea
You mean a different two
That's not what we once knew.

People stop and ask me
About you and I
I can't face the answers
I chose to not reply

When you say we
You don' t mean me
You talk of someone new
And there's nothing I can do.

I am interested in comments/critiques/thoughts generally but am particularly interested in ideas about the current, & potential, arrangement of instruments.
Blast away - negativity gives me something to think through if nothing else.

Last edited by rayc; 05/14/22 12:33 AM.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe