Mario.

What ive found doing my deep google dives is that ‘sometimes’ one is better buying...next cpu down but its top version instead the base cpu in the next higher range.
Eg the top of the range i5 instead of the base i7.

I saw one report of a comparison whereby getting a top range i5 one saves quite a bit and the next cpu level up one wouldnt notice huge processing time diffs due to other factors. Dont know veracity of such.

For example , if i remember i found an upper range i5 cpu on benchmark.net with single thread score of over 3000. I would recommend cpubenchmark.net for cpu/price/performance comparisons.
they have great tables of passmark scores for all cpu's.
ive been useing em for ages.

Gordon.

Hey hampshire ..your a better man than moi.
That silent pc article on lanes was the best i found after many many deep dives in google cos there are so many sites with little info i found..
So if ya got better please post back mate.

In addition ive had difficulties finding how many ssd’s can hook up into pcie. or even put in the new desktop
vendors pc's.
So if you know , i’m begging you..lol…tell moi.
Optimally i want to run 3 fast ssd’s //m.2/nvme.’s
i really dont care how they hook up, as long as they perform uber fast and dont hog resources/bandwidth from other components or each other.

I dont need gigundous ssd’s as i offload a songs traks to multiple backups once a song is done and store backups at various off site (from home daw pc) locations.

Happiness
om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 05/15/22 10:50 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)