Steve.
My goodness, heck yeah !
Your a better tech than i am. Very impressive how you hung in there till you got it the way you wanted. I dont have that patience…lol.

This week the guy i like to deal with in the refurb company is back…so gonna phone him. see if a deal can be done. they also build new desktops...never put me wrong yet.

Out of interest (and i rather like win 11..) a friend with W11 has a boot time into desktop of just a few secs from cold…if you get time possibly post some stats…???
eg how long to mixdown a biab song to stereo...how long to gen rt's and rd's.

one reason i'm looking at a new system is to see if i can save genning time in both biab and realband....and of course have cpu reserves for more resource intensive plug ins in reaps//bb/rb. i reckon the types of set ups weve discussed will last me ages. its unfortunate that moores law bout power doubling every couple of years is broken.
courtesy of the laws of physics. what bugs me is the plateauing of cpu power. so they went to multi cores...
cos of the laws of physics. so we are stuck tween 3 to 5 ghz if we are lucky...sigh.

once more , kudos to you and thanks for the interesting info.

happiness.
om

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)