I will say I have not had any computer audio equipment that I have bought in the last 10 years ever not work as it said it would, not install drivers like the installer said it would and not just work. BIAB requires a minimal amount of setup to get it "working". If you have a proper interface (almost anything works) and have visited its manufacturer's website to ensure you are up to date with drivers etc. you should be able to make it work and yes, you may even have to look at the instructions. God forbid, you understand how your computer works and how your musical equipment works with it. Many google search results usually are dated so you can find out if you are looking at ancient (over a year old!) or new information.

One search for how to do I get my audio interface to work effectively in google results in 362,000,000 results and some dated April 2022. You can do the same at YouTube and find plenty of new very good videos explaining exactly what you need.

But sure, give up and blame the company that sold you the software. I am sure the 1,000s of users before you are all wrong and they just got lucky.

I had a router one time that was bricked by a manufacturer's firmware update. They would do nothing for me or even acknowledge that it caused the problem. Their answer was it was bricked, get a new one. Even with overwhelming user feedback as to the fact that it did happen to many of their users. Some enterprising person figured out how to open it up, use a simple USB plug with a few wires, jack into the system, and force feed it an older firmware that was working, then put it all in written instructions and a video. I used that router for about 5 more years after that and never did another auto update from the manufacturer.

I guess the point is, it is easy to throw in the towel. But most of the time there is a solution.

Last edited by etcjoe; 05/23/22 02:27 AM.

My wife asked if I had seen the dog bowl. I told her I didn't even know he could.