Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
...but as most come with win 11...my concern is i never put studio pc's on the net. the problem is not everyone wants to be on the net.
...and including lots of IT depts that want to keep their systems safely isolated from the net.

well prolly from what ive read lots of IT shops are not very happy bout it.

i just feel many businesses these days seem to want control over our daily lives.

These opinions seem kind of odd with my experiences. I've worked in IT for companies in the States for about 20 years and have never heard about a push in the IT community to keep PCs from the internet.

As far as Windows 11, it's pretty much the same OS as Windows 10 but has some cosmetic differences. I've been using it since last fall when it was released and have been using it on my main PC, laptop and on my wife's laptop and absolutely no issues.

Not sure what you mean with businesses wanting to control your lives. Most companies just want to have lots of antivirus apps on employee machines to keep them from being compromised and that's been going on since the internet's been around. Other than that, companies usually like to block non-work related websites but they can do that since it's their equipment.

Can you elaborate for yourself specifically what you are worried about by having your machine connected to the internet? Nothing I've read so far seems to be justifiable in disconnecting.

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory