Title: Eleanor Lennox: Being Real

Link: Eleanor Lennox: Being Real

SoundCloud link:
https://soundcloud.com/eleanorlennox/being-real

This is a more critical song against the current state of society where you are only accepted if you play a certain game, get plastic surgery to get the expected youthful look, have the right opinions and pretend to be wealthy and being cool.

I'm not 100% happy with the song (some days I really love it, other days I find it boring
and the lyrics pretentious), but it's finished and shouldn't be gathering dust on my computer.

I'd love for you guys to give me feedback on what you think of it, and it's 100% fine if you don't like it as long as you tell me why (after all, I want to improve).

Some trivia you might not be interested in:

• the song started out as a kind of mellow Carpenters song with Natalie, but at some point I took the wrong road and ended up somewhere else, and Eleanor is singing it now.
  • the song is in the upper range of Eleanor's feel-good range, but if you take the song down a third, the feeling is completely destroyed, so I left it up there.
  • I started with my usual "wall of guitars" (Raccoon in a dumpster had 8 of them), but reduced it to 4 because (at least in my opinion) a more fragile sound suits the song better.
  • It was unexpectedly hard to mix, with lots of automation and side-chaining and what not to get things where they needed to be.
  • The images you see in the video were all created by an AI. Not all of them are perfect, but they serve their purpose and I don't have to worry about copyright claims anymore.

Special thanks (again) to Marty for proofreading the lyrics and the encouraging words. You rule!

Some technical infos:
Styles: Broken.STY and SHINSYN.STY

The band:
Drums: SkaSlow70sWesPerc and RockThrashHalfTime
Bass: 1009 (re-amped)
Guitars: 3931, 4100, 3642 and 634
Bosendorfer 290 Piano: yours truly
Vocals: Eleanor Lennox with BG-vocals from her younger sisters Natalie and Weina.

You can find the lyrics below in the next posting.

Last edited by Andrew - PG Music; 02/09/23 09:54 AM.

Making bits and bytes sound good...

Goldmania Bella - A One-Man Girlband with no fans
Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube