For the first time since 1983, I did not build my own computer. The new one has Windows 11, 32 Gig RAM, and two M.2 Samsung SSD drives. What a dream. I bought the i9 Intel CPU specifically for processing speed without over clocking, rather than more cores (it has 10 anyway). The graphics is in the CPU. So, a gaming machine it isn’t, but for BIAB it flies. The program is on its own SSD and the RealTracks for the first time have their own SSD.

It still takes a while to regenerate tracks. I learned that will never be instant, but I remember back in 2009 when you would regenerate a song and go make a sandwich while the operation completed.

The new speed didn’t hit home until today when I regenerated the same song on my backup machine, a seven year-old i5. SLOW! Still acceptable, but now I appreciate the new computer more.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors