You are correct that this is a valuable feature. I do it all the time, using the command AudioTrack showed.

Also, File, Open Special can open a Music XML file in BIAB. So, BIAB has both Import and Export.

I might mention that 'common/united' is different from 'fully standardized'. Most modern music programs support import and export of Music XML, as does BIAB, but it doesn't always get you 100% there. On occasion, a file won't even load into another program and you may have to edit the text file and make a few modifications.

Even when it works, small differences in implementation by programs mean that you need to look the results over closely. If I write D7alt, for example, almost every notation program I've used interprets this differently, and BIAB has only one definition of it. Still, it's the best we have, and is usually far superior to transferring MIDI.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors