If I play a jazz waltz at a tempo faster than 170, any RealTrack jazz waltz piano breaks up. It starts to sound clipped and distorted, so I have to use MIDI for the piano track.

Could we have a jazz pianist record an acoustic piano comping track for fast waltzes please? It doesn't have to be burning, just a nice comping track that sounds like it was recorded at that tempo and would work for tempos over 170 and if possible go above 200.

Think the theme from the TV show, Mannix by Lalo Schifrin. That really kicks. The metronome marking on a big band chart I'm playing is quarter = 204! I ran into this problem when trying to construct a backing track to woodshed the improvised solo I have in that tune. The LA band that recorded the TV theme is playing it at around 240: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLTb3_-pdU4 I can play at that tempo but that's really stretching, and a backing track from BIAB would help for that sort of work.

Note that there are already some other instrument RealTracks that can play a jazz waltz acceptably at 190. For example, a combo with Bass 546, guitar 549 (which is supposed to go only to 170), and jazz brushes waltz (which can ramp up anywhere to 300) sound fine.

All I would like is an acoustic piano to match.

Thanks!

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors