Hey Greg...thanks for your nice comments. That cut and paste process is really cool for getting a unique performance out of BIAB; it's practically an unlimited source of original tracks. Actually it's not unlike what we do in the studio when we're tracking live performances. I make them record things over and over until they start to obviously hate me...then I back off. Then I have lots of material to choose from. Anyone who's ever worked with an analog studio, i.e. tape, can really appreciate the unlimited instantaneous options you have with digital. Nearly miraculous.

I just recorded the vocal last night around 10PM and I have a rule about not mixing until at least eight hours later. So this is a "kitchen sink" mix...i.e. everything is in there. I like the idea of "building" the mix, starting with sparse instrumentation and adding to a full, phat sound. In this case I'll probably keep the intro instruments, and pull back to basic accompaniment as the vocal begins. It's a proven technique. What do you think about a higher harmony or maybe three-part on the chorus? Sometimes a sensitive ballad, if the lyrics are strong, is more impactful if the vocal is a solo. Solitude and melancholy. Ya know? I think it would be cool if we could take a song and give our forum buddies a copy and let them mix it and see all the variety the would be created.

Man, this is just too much fun!

Bob