PG Music Home
I choose higher bank patches (from my Roland Fantom X) by clicking on the '+' button for say, bass and piano. BIAB helpfully shows the names for the chosen patches under the 'Drop' button at top left. (Although the age-old 'feature' still exists whereby clicking on the instrument's radio button shows in the ptach drip down list the GM patch number corresponding to the bank number of the higher bank patch.)
Ok, I save the song with 'Save As' although the popup does not now have the old option of saving the higher bank patches - see contradiction below where the popup and the help version now differ:

I reload the song and the higher bank patches are gone.
Am I doing something wrong or is this return of a problem going back some years, once corrected and now back to mess me about again?

John
Hi John. As you know (because you helped me), I also have a Roland Fantom X (mine's an XR). I do not use the dialog box you are using. I select the patch with the "+" as you do (ignoring the GM message) and then use SAVE + to save songs, and I have not had a problem with songs reloading with the correct patch.

I'm not in front of my BIAB computer now and will look later at the dialog you showed.
I remember this used to be a problem but doesn't seem to happen now although I also always use Save+.
In the past, the way to ensure the patches were saved with the song was to save WHILE THE SONG WAS PLAYING WITH IT'S NEW PATCHES. I never understood why this was necessary but it used to solve the problem.

Tony
Right, I remember when we always had to save that way, but I don't think I've had to do it in a year or two.
OK, I'm looking at BIAB now. The dialog you showed is indeed the Save+ dialog, from the new and also the older versions of BIAB.

I remember when all those individual checkboxes were replaced by one "Save all settings" box, and at the time PG Music told us it included the bank and patch info.

Now, as I look at mine, I have a violin set for melody, but I never use a violin and I've never heard a violin. In each song, I choose piano or vibes or flute or sax - whatever, but not violin - by the + and then Save+ without even looking at what that dialog said. I just reloaded a song where the melody is a soprano sax, and it works correctly, even though that dialog still says the melody is a violin.

So, John, you may be on to something here.
I think I may have it licked, but I'm still experimenting. The thing is I've upgraded to the USB UltraPak and couldn't recall all my old midi settings under Prefs. I'm now using the ones in the pic below which seem to make things work. I also found that the Save As shows more detail when you untick the box top right, although Save All seems the right thing to do.

Also make sure your Preferences, Global overrides dialog allows patch changes.
I've exactly the same problem with a KETRON SD1000, mad
If you find a solution let me know.

Thx

Patrick
Patrick, welcome to the forum.

This is a seven-year-old thread. I suggest you start another new thread and put Ketron SD1000 in the name of the post.

First question: do you have a patch file for this in BIAB? If not, go here: http://www.pgmusic.com/support_miscellaneous.htm
© PG Music Forums