PG Music Home
Posted By: lengoyeko Band in a box for windows - 10/06/23 08:42 AM
Hi, not sure if this post belongs here but I was recommended a software called Band in a box to use for practices arpeggios. Anyone here used it before and know where I can find tutorials? Also, where I can get a free download? Thanks
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Band in a box for windows - 10/06/23 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by lengoyeko
Hi, not sure if this post belongs here but I was recommended a software called Band in a box to use for practices arpeggios. Anyone here used it before and know where I can find tutorials? Also, where I can get a free download? Thanks
Firstly, welcome.

From the help:
"Arpeggios are a musical technique where the notes of a chord are played individually, rather than all at once. They are commonly used in various genres of music to add texture and movement to a piece.
In Band-in-a-Box, you can create arpeggios using the Soloist menu (Chapter 14) or by manually entering the chord progression (Chapter 6). Additionally, you can use the Melody menu to generate arpeggiated melodies.
For more detailed information on how to create arpeggios in Band-in-a-Box, you can refer to Chapter 14: User Programmable Functions and Chapter 6: Making Songs in the Band-in-a-Box documentation."

The 3023 version states this:
"Chord Track Added
Chord track is added, for use with a VST (e.g., arpeggiators want a chord track) or for simple “pad” (held chords) tracks.
Chord track can be generated on any track. Specifying note range is required.
There is an option to always put a chord track on a specified track (e.g., Utility track #16).
Specific MIDI SuperTracks are added that generate a simple chord track (triads/7ths) or a chord track including 9ths/13ths. Adding these MIDI SuperTracks to your track will write a chord track in the range set, for use with arpeggiators or other VST’s wanting a chord track. With each play a new chord track is written. To do this, open the Select MIDI SuperTracks and choose one that has “Arpeggio” in the name. "

There are no free downloads to my knowledge, however, there is a 30 day money-back guarantee if you purchase, shown on this page
Posted By: Gordon Scott Re: Band in a box for windows - 10/06/23 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by lengoyeko
PGMusics own tutorials are +++ here (text) +++ or +++ here (videos) +++ .
Another excellent resource for learning how BIAB works are Henry Clarke's video tutorials +++ here +++.

Personally I prefer Henry's for many things, perhaps as I think they're done more from a user's perspective than the company's perspective. YMMV.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Band in a box for windows free download? - 10/07/23 01:54 AM
Also, where I can get a free download?
Free downloads are not available. However PG Music offers a no questions asked 30 day money back guarantee
Posted By: Michael John Re: Band in a box for windows - 03/01/24 09:43 PM
Hello,
I'm new to BIAB and I was just reading your post. You mention chapters 6 and 14. Can you please let me know where I can find them and all the other chapters. I'm looking for beginner tutorials.

Thanks,
Mike
Posted By: DrDan Re: Band in a box for windows - 03/01/24 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by Michael John
Hello,
I'm new to BIAB and I was just reading your post. You mention chapters 6 and 14. Can you please let me know where I can find them and all the other chapters. I'm looking for beginner tutorials.

Thanks,
Mike

https://www.pgmusic.com/manuals/index.htm
420 page Manual. Good Luck.
Posted By: Michael John Re: Band in a box for windows - 03/02/24 06:03 PM
Are there any video tutorials for beginners that I can access?
Posted By: DrDan Re: Band in a box for windows - 03/02/24 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by Michael John
Are there any video tutorials for beginners that I can access?

https://www.pgmusic.com/videos.bbwin.htm
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Band in a box for windows - 03/02/24 09:49 PM
LT./DR./ Dan you old cut and paster you!
© PG Music Forums