PG Music Home
Posted By: custom137 Stuck chords 1st & 2nd endings - 03/17/12 03:35 AM
Windows 7
The entering of the tune went well - configured 1st & 2nd ending from Edit tab. BB plays to the repeat of the 1st ending fine but when it returns to the top the chords do not change. It's like it's stuck on that chord until it reaches the 2nd ending and then continues on fine. This is about the 4th time I've entered the piece. What am I missing?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Stuck chords 1st & 2nd endings - 03/17/12 05:54 AM
Hi custom137,

Welcome to the user forums

Here's a link to some information on 1st and 2nd endings on the PG Music tutorial website. Have a look through this. A number of people who have had a similar problem have found this tutorial useful.

http://www.pgmusic.com/tutorial_repeats.htm

Hope this helps,
Noel
Posted By: custom137 Re: Stuck chords 1st & 2nd endings - 03/21/12 11:50 AM
I must reply so others can observe the fix.
BIAB needs to have all the changes represented. In strict musical notation it's improper but it works for BIAB.
1. Enter all the changes straight through the piece. Even straight through the 1st & 2nd endings.
2. De-Select the "Fake" button.
3. Go to Edit>Repeats/codas 1st & 2nd endings.
4. Follow directions for proper measure counts using 1st & 2nd endings.
5. Check the "generate (insert) new bars"

This is the fix or the method to create 1st & 2nd endings. BIAB has to have all the changes entered, even the repeats to sequence the audio. So now you visually see the changes for the 1st repeat, the changes that are highlighted, but it's not proper music notation.

BIAB is way cool!!!
A great practice aid!!

Custom137
© PG Music Forums