PG Music Home
Posted By: amsmith930 Print List of Realtracks - 01/27/13 10:00 PM
Is there any way to print a list of all of the Realtracks I have, showing most, if not all, of the info, e.g., instrument, type, feel, tempo, genre, track #, set, etc.?
Posted By: Bob Roetker Re: Print List of Realtracks - 01/31/13 10:08 PM
You could go to the web page and print or take a screen shot from there. http://www.pgmusic.com/realtracks.all.php?os=win
Posted By: sixchannel Re: Print List of Realtracks - 01/31/13 10:44 PM
Not really very useful
Why can't the real tracks picker list be dumped to PDF? Or can it already?
Ian
Posted By: raymb1 Re: Print List of Realtracks - 01/31/13 10:51 PM
Go to Win explorer, click on C-BB-Real tracks. Later, Ray
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Print List of Realtracks - 02/01/13 12:28 AM
Shift click on the "update" button in the real tracks picker. That copies the list to the clipboard, so that you can paste it into a word processor and print it.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Print List of Realtracks - 02/01/13 12:35 AM
Oh Oh, our secret is out!
Posted By: sixchannel Re: Print List of Realtracks - 02/01/13 10:17 AM
That's the trouble with Secrets, Jazzy!! Lol !
Hey Floyd, what a great title for one of your songs
Ian
Posted By: amsmith930 Re: Print List of Realtracks - 02/09/13 02:38 AM
Peter, thanks for the response and for letting the "secret" out!
However, the RealTracks data that is placed on the clipboard does not include the Instrument, Type, Feel, Tempo or Genre columns, which, at least for my purposes, diminishes the usefulness of the "feature". Like many users, I do not use styles at all, but instead assemble a combo or band for a particular tune by picking from the individual RealTracks, using parameters like tempo, feel, instrument, genre or artist. Even though the RealTracks picker dialog can be filtered and sorted by a given column, it still cannot be analyzed in the same complex way that a spreadsheet program like Excel would allow. The RealTracks library is so large (and this is a really GOOD thing), that the ability to analyze it and select a particular track or group of tracks can be very time consuming, and I feel that employing a spreadsheet program as an aide to that process would be very useful.
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Print List of Realtracks - 02/09/13 04:01 AM
Hi amsmith,

Good point. I can add other fields to the printout, as you suggested. I've added that to the list.
Posted By: amsmith930 Re: Print List of Realtracks - 02/09/13 04:21 AM
Thanks, Peter. That's one of the things we've all loved about BiaB over the years (about 15 of thenm for me) - responsiveness to your user base.
Posted By: FirstBassman Re: Print List of Realtracks - 02/27/13 09:46 PM

My post was deleted?

I didn't think what I wrote was that terrible.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Print List of Realtracks - 02/27/13 10:01 PM
Quote:

My post was deleted?

I didn't think what I wrote was that terrible.

I’m sure it wasn’t. I have had a number of posts disappear also. It wasn’t deleted but somehow got lost into what I call Forum Purgatory!
Posted By: Mac Re: Print List of Realtracks - 02/27/13 10:56 PM
Yes, sometimes posts made here just disappear from time to time.

Don't know why.

--Mac
Posted By: FirstBassman Re: Print List of Realtracks - 03/08/13 08:54 PM

OK, thanks guys.
Posted By: pghboemike Re: Print List of Realtracks - 03/09/13 05:50 AM
Quote:

Yes, sometimes posts made here just disappear from time to time.

Don't know why.

another secret?
Posted By: Mac Re: Print List of Realtracks - 03/09/13 04:12 PM
Area 51...
Posted By: LadyJazzer Re: Print List of Realtracks - 03/10/13 08:37 PM
I LOVE the idea of being able to print out all of the RealTracks information!

Duh... I just found the list of the prefix characters in the User's Guide... ("When all else fails, read the ______"

Also...I have one BIG request, both for the BiaB HELP file, and also for the SEARCH function for the PGMusic Forums...

Generally, if I put in a multi-word search, (in this case: style prefix characters) I get 200+ hits...Because it takes EVERY WORD separately and gives me ALL the hits with "style", "prefix", and "characters", whether singly or together. And if I put it in quotes, "style prefix characters", I get ZERO hits because it doesn't seem to know what to do with quotes. This is standard Microsoft / Google / InternetExplorer search-functionality. I should be able to search with ANY combination: i.e., "prefix characters" style ... etc.

The Standard HELP file for BiaB has the same problem, and it makes it darn inefficient to try to find what you're looking for from "Help"...

Just a suggestion...

Thanks!

LJ
Posted By: cubalibre Re: Print List of Realtracks - 05/22/18 07:40 AM
No print my private list but print list of all realtracks of pgmusic. It's possible?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Print List of Realtracks - 05/22/18 08:23 AM
Here's an Excel spreadsheet list of all the Realtracks that I have.

Realtrack list (22 May 2018)

I've been collecting the Realtracks since they were first invented in 2008. This should mean that I have most of what's available.

Regards,
Noel

Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Print List of Realtracks - 05/22/18 10:18 AM
Thanks for doing this, Noel!

Since the question comes up periodically, I wonder if this spreadsheet could be in the Tips and Tricks Forum? Maybe it’s already there - I’ll go check..
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Print List of Realtracks - 05/22/18 02:20 PM
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Since the question comes up periodically, I wonder if this spreadsheet could be in the Tips and Tricks Forum? Maybe it’s already there - I’ll go check..

I don't think it is, Matt.

In more recent versions of Realtrack picker, there's a button down the bottom of the window called "Copy list" which creates tab-delimited output.

I'll write up how I did it and put the information into Tips And Tricks. That's a good idea.
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Print List of Realtracks - 05/22/18 04:17 PM
Hi Cubalibre,

If you open the RealTracks Picker, check the box marked "Show RealTracks that are N/A" (so that you see all of the RealTracks we make), then click Copy List, you'll get a list that includes all of them.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: fiddler2007 Re: Print List of Realtracks - 05/31/18 02:04 PM
Originally Posted By: Mac
Yes, sometimes posts made here just disappear from time to time. Don't know why. --Mac

Russians at it again?
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Print List of Realtracks - 03/06/22 07:21 PM
Oh Sweet!!

I am only 10 years too late. But Better late than never!!

smile
Posted By: MarioD Re: Print List of Realtracks - 03/06/22 09:50 PM
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Oh Sweet!!

I am only 10 years too late. But Better late than never!!

smile

Welcome to my world wink
© PG Music Forums