PG Music Home
Hi All
Pleased to see some of you are finding the XGlite VST useful

As promised here is the dedicated Sonar instrument definition file .ins for those who may want to use it in Sonar or a DAW that can use it EG. Cubase (after conversion to a script), and some midi players..
Also for those that want to roll their own BIAB PAT file in BIAB

https://app.box.com/s/8lys8mdwftopytx60920ajkv8ltvyunl

And for those that like ready rolled, here is the BIAB .PAT file that I rolled earlier.

https://app.box.com/s/d0j9g0gzwa36rbc0ctxwqdhtkayufia4

The whole point of this is so that you don’t have to use a DGX keyboard Definition / PAT as they will offer you voices from the keyboards panel voices which are not present in the XG lite VST.

So I have written a new version to only include the XGlite voice set.

As always have fun. And let me know how you get on.
Best regards
Mike
Hi Mike,

Reading your XG Lite posts I'm very glad you've made and posted .PAT and .INI files for your soundsets. Many of us do not have the expertise and skills that you do so we are very grateful you are sharing with us.

If you're interested, you may also want to post the files in a section PG Music has set aside for such things. As you can see on ++ THIS ++ page, PG Music will add your files to their support page if you attach the file in an email to support at PG Music dot com.

Once again, thank you for sharing your talent with us.
Hi Mike, I am back to say that your XG Lite setup has, once again, made my day after upgrading to BB 2018.

I also just last night pulled out your Easy Chord chart because the old gray matter had a hiccup...

Thanks Again for this!
Hi Mike,

I got the recommondation from Jim to use your XG Lite VST for sounds in BiaB.
For now I put the folder from your box in one of my VST folders. Ran a "scan for vst plugins" yet can not find it in BiaB. It is not shown in the "Choose plugin" dialog. What can possibly go wrong here?

Thanks to Jim Foggle for the tip and Mike for the SW and to anyone else who can help a "blind" musician over his issues and over the "street".

Cheers
Stefan
HI Stefan

Did you download the actual vst zip as well as the pat file. And unzip to you vst folder.
Then as you say you need to add it to your biab vsts by going to plugin options and adding. You should now be able to load it as your default synth.

(Make sure that the folder that the vst has been put in is in your search path for scan vsts.)

The pat file I find it easier to just copy to C: bb/data/util/synth kits.

Enjoy
Mike
Hi Mike,

thanks for answering so quick.

Yes, thats what I did. Unzipped it into one of some VST plugin folders. Now I even spread this folder to the various other locations. Yet I can not see the synth showing up after plugin scan. I would expect the synth name be something like "Yamaha SGP2 (S-YXG2006LE)", right?
The patch map I put in your suggested folder, yet I also can not see the "Yamaha SGP2 (S-YXG2006LE)" in the patches shown in the Midi dialog of BiaB. What can possibly go wrong in this procedure?

Some 15 years ago we spend a holiday in Cornwall. You live in a wonderful landscape there :-)

Cheers
Stefan
Hi Stefan

Yes sorry ,you must have BIAB 2021 I guess.
For some strange reason in this new version it does not show up with it’s full name just <VSTi>: which is why you did not recognise it, but it does still work if you select it.
Andrew is aware of this.

Yes Cornwall is a lovely place indeed even inspired me to compose a couple of bits of simple music ala Dolphins etc. (see my web site below)

Mike
© PG Music Forums