PG Music Home
Posted By: Zydegeaux New User Comments and Questions - 09/20/17 06:07 PM
I bought Band in a Box about a month ago. I haven't nearly learned to use all the features but I have made a few backing tracks that I like.
I am mainly interested in blues and southern rock at least for the present time while I am in either the advanced beginner stage of guitar playing or the beginner intermediate stage, however these things are labeled.

I'll have other questions as I go along but one thing is that

1. When I use song picker the style rarely fits the song I picked. When I put in an Albert King song it selected a rap style. Ain't no Sunshine by Bill Withers gave me a reggae style. Is there any way to make it select the actual style of the song and artist?

2. With 740 styles I haven't even scratched the surface of all of them but what I want to know is it possible to listen to some styles by genre and/or artist and then buy them individually or in packs? Can anybody post a link to that if it exists?

Thanks
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: New User Comments and Questions - 09/20/17 06:14 PM
Originally Posted By: Zydegeaux

1. When I use song picker the style rarely fits the song I picked. When I put in an Albert King song it selected a rap style. Ain't no Sunshine by Bill Withers gave me a reggae style. Is there any way to make it select the actual style of the song and artist?

2. With 740 styles I haven't even scratched the surface of all of them but what I want to know is it possible to listen to some styles by genre and/or artist and then buy them individually or in packs? Can anybody post a link to that if it exists?

Thanks

Welcome.

1: BiaB does not intend to deliver music that exactly matches a particular song, but gives suggestions for styles that work. You may need to experiment further with filters, and use some artistic license along the way smile .

2: Samples of Real Tracks Styles can be found here

Hope this assists in some way.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: New User Comments and Questions - 09/21/17 12:38 AM
Welcome to the forum. In addition to the above advice, I wonder if you have the Pro version, which gives you the minimum number of styles and RealTracks/RealDrums. There are many thousands. Perhaps with the Pro (most basic) version, the program is limited in its recommendations and is giving you the closest from among few alternatives. The only difference between versions is the number of styles and RealTracks/RealDrums you get. Should you decide you need more, give PG Music Sales a call and see if they can help.
Posted By: Muzic Trax Re: New User Comments and Questions - 09/21/17 03:43 PM
We also have a "WishList" forum and users are welcomed to suggest song names to match up with styles. It helps if one knows whether a song is in Ev8 / Ev16/ Sw 8 feel etc.

I like making my own backing track style in Biab. I usually start with the "Blank 4/4" style and then select each RealTrack myself for the Biab parts. You can also make your own midi style with the style editor as well. Check the Biab "help" menu for importing parts into styles.

Biab is very universal in that way. You can literally make any style you want with Biab and it's style editing.

Trax
© PG Music Forums