PG Music Home
Posted By: MikeyJ new user having trouble with repeats - 10/16/07 01:16 AM
Hi all,
I'm brand new to BITB. I started playing with BITB 2007 a few days ago. I've composed a tune but I'm having a helluva time with repeats and endings. The tune I created has 16 bars (linear). I'd like the tune to repeat after it finishes with bar 8, so that it plays bars 1-8 twice. Then, it proceeds to bar 9 and finishes out the song at bar 16. I can't figure out how to do this. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
Posted By: Muzic Trax Re: new user having trouble with repeats - 10/16/07 03:25 AM
Mikey,

Check out the Biab Tutorials (Videos) on the main PG Music page. I don't use repeats and can't explain how to set them correctly, but the videos cover it.

You can lay out your song in one long form too, btw.

Trax
Hello Mikey,

Your song actually has 24 bars the way you described it. 1-8 plays twice, 9-16 plays once. One way you could do it is to enter all 24 bars of your song into the chordsheet, then create the repeat making sure that "Generate Bars" is unchecked (that's a setting in the Repeats and Endings dialog.). The other way to do it is to enter 16 bars and create the repeat with "Generate Bars" checked, so that BIAB adds the 8 bars to your song. There are tutorials on this at:
http://www.pgmusic.com/tutorial_repeats.htm

Alternatively, you could simply use the "regular" settings to frame your song without using 'repeats and endings'. In other words, just set the first and last bar of your chorus, and the # of choruses you want played. You could set 1-8 2X, then setup a tag ending (Song Settings window) to play bar 9-16 after the second chorus.
Posted By: MikeyJ Re: new user having trouble with repeats - 10/16/07 07:04 PM
Thanks! This helps.
Mike
© PG Music Forums